Alternative Healthcare Consultants is a division of Anesthesia Pain Care Consultants, which was formed in 1996 by Dr. Ira Fox and Dr. Jay Lasner. The mission of Alternative Healthcare Consultants is to concentrate on the diagnosis and treatment of pain, through the use of prescribed medicinal marijuana. The physician staff of Alternative Healthcare Consultants are pain specialists dedicated to finding long term relief for individuals living with pain associated with accidents, surgery and chronic conditions. We feature a caring staff of specialists who will work with you, explain the procedures and answer your questions.
What distinguishes Alternative Healthcare Consultants?
- We are pain specialists certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology in Pain Management, the American Board of Pain Medicine, the American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians, and the World Institute of Pain.
- We are a nationally and internationally recognized pain practice.
- Our on-staff psychologist and rehab team have many years of experience in treating patients suffering from pain, with proven clinical outcomes.
- We offer a five-day a week Interdisciplinary Pain Program as well as individual therapy treatments.
- Our dedication to our patients is unsurpassed and manifested by our continuous perfection of new procedures, new techniques and new concepts for relieving pain.
Why Alternative Healthcare Consultants?
- The first South Florida anesthesia group specializing exclusively in the management of pain.
- Committed to an accurate diagnosis of your pain, with a customized treatments plan providing excellent outcomes.
- A caring staff who will work with you, explain the procedures and answer your questions.
- Utilize cutting-edge technology and equipment to achieve maximum medical improvement.
- Fluoroscopy is used with all procedures to provide maximum visualization on the exact site of your pain, making the treatment safer and more effective.
- Our interdisciplinary approach to care provides superior means of combating pain. Our team of pain specialists, anesthesiologists, physical and occupational therapists, psychologists, nurse anesthetists, skilled nursing staff and physician assistants work together to attain best results.
- We work closely with your referring physician and keep him/her updated on your progress.
- Centrally located in Greater Fort Lauderdale and Boca Raton.
- We work with most insurance companies. Please ask our staff of specialists about your insurance plan.
Our Physician – Joseph J. Alshon, DO
Joseph J. Alshon, DO, FAAPM&R, FAOCRM, DABPM joined Anesthesia Pain Care Consultants (APCC) in October of 2015 as an interventional pain management physiatrist. He has been providing pain management and rehabilitative services in Palm Beach County for more than 25 years. In his work with patients, Dr. Alshon diligently seeks to treat the cause of pain as well as provide effective symptom management. He applies his rehabilitation, osteopathic and functional medicine training to provide a holistic approach to pain management, healing and wellness; assessing numerous aspects of the body to offer the most beneficial protocols to control pain, improve quality of life and optimize function.
Dr. Alshon brings significant experience to his new position at APCC. He was the medical director for Pinecrest’s Multidisciplinary Pain Management Program for more than 10 years. He also managed several multidisciplinary outpatient pain management doctors’ offices and was the medical director of a pain management office in Deerfield Beach.
Dr. Alshon earned his Doctor of Osteopathy degree from the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. He completed his internship at Nova Southeastern University, previously called Southeast Medical Center, in North Miami Beach. Dr. Alshon completed his physical medicine and rehabilitation residency at Temple University/MossRehab in Philadelphia.
He has held a wide array of leadership positions including Chief of Staff at Pinecrest Rehabilitation Hospital in Delray Beach for two separate tenures, as well a governing board member for four years. He is board certified by numerous professional organizations including the American Board of Pain Medicine, subspecialty pain certification as well as PM&R certification by the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, the American Osteopathic Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine and the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine.
Dr. Alshon is a frequent lecturer, speaker and consultant. He was the developer and moderator of a multidimensional faith-based pain support group for many years. He is licensed in both Florida and Pennsylvania.