How It Works
If you suffer from pain and other debilitating conditions, Medical Marijuana may offer you relief. Call our offices at 954-720-3188 for an initial visit with Dr. Joseph Alshon.
Dr. Alshon is certified by the State of Florida to make recommendations for Medical Marijuana. See our checklist of items to bring on your initial visit.
Should you qualify for Medical Marijuana, Dr. Alshon will register you under his care with the State of Florida.
Next you must contact the State of Florida to obtain your Medical Marijuana Card. The State charges a fee for this service!
Next, contact a dispensary to obtain the product Dr. Alshon has determined is best for you. See our list of dispensaries. Each dispensary has their own type of product and costs vary!
Check list of items the patient must bring to Each Visit
- Drivers license or other governmental ID – patient must be registered exactly as described on that ID
- Proof of Florida Residency – utility bill, lease
- Recent Medical Records
- List of Current prescriptions
- State of Florida qualified patient identification card – once available
Information from the State of Florida
- Forgot Username? Patients and Caregivers may log in using your email address once it has been added by your physician.
- Now accepting online payments! If you have already mailed in a check or money order please do not pay online to avoid duplicate payment.
- The Registry is now connected to the Division of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicle’s State ID system. If there is a match to the information supplied by your Physician your State ID or Driver’s License photo is automatically added to your online application.
- Questions? Contact the Office of Medical Marijuana Use at: (800) 808-9580
STEP 1) GET YOUR MEDICAL RECORDS AND MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH DR.ALSHON – OUR FEE FOR THIS SERVICE IS $250.00
The first step in getting a Florida medical marijuana card is to obtain your medical records and receive a signed physician’s statement from a doctor. The doctor has to have a medical marijuana license in Florida, and must be registered in the state’s Medical Marijuana Use Registry.
Additionally, you must be a patient of the ordering doctor for at least three months prior receiving an MMJ recommendation. Also please note that in order to get a medical cannabis card in Florida, you MUST be a resident of the state. You will need to provide proof of residency, for example a Florida I.D, passport, or another form of photo identification.
STEP 2) GO TO YOUR CONSULTATION
If appropriate the physician will then enter your name and information into the Florida Marijuana Use Registry (aka the Compassionate Care Registry), which is run by the Department of Health. You will not be able to apply for your FL MMJ card until you are officially in the Registry.
- Applications can be submitted by your doctor, or you can submit them on your own behalf.
- You must be registered with the Compassionate Use Registry by their ordering physician.
STEP 3) COMPLETE AND SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION ONLINE
- Once your doctor has approved you for medical marijuana use and you are in the registry, you can then submit a completed application to the Office of Medical Marijuana. The State charges a fee of $75.00. You may need a passport sized photograph or you may use your drivers license for the photo. The Office of Medical Marijuana Use can be contacted at: (800) 808-9580
STEP 4) LOCATE A DISPENSARY TO FIND THE PRODUCT THE DOCTOR HAS ORDERED
Click here for a list of dispensaries
STEP 5) MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO SEE DR. ALSHON AT 70 DAYS AFTER GETTING YOUR MEDICAL MARIJUANA PRODUCT FOR A FOLLOW UP APPOINTMENT.
Our fee for this is $150.00. Should you need your certification to be renewed, call our office at 954-586-0673. Our fee for updating your certification is $35.00